Discernment and Music: The Rain Song

I'm sick and I feel like someone just dropped a load of bricks on my back. My throat is on fire, and I cough up junk all the time. Summer colds are not fun.

I tried to write a blog this morning, only to fall asleep at my desk. I lumbered the 2 feet from my desk to my bed, and woke up around 3 P.M. NyQuil is amazing stuff.

When I'm sick, I find it almost impossible to get to sleep. If the sore throat doesn't keep me awake, the drainage makes me feel like I might drown. On top of that, my mind races when I close my eyes. Last night, I thought I was dealing poker for about 2 hours before I fell asleep.

Sometimes you need to just be at peace. Inspiration is wonderful, fulfillment is amazing, but there are times in your life when you just need to....be.

I want to go on with a beautiful story about Led Zeppelin, being at peace, and finding solace in music, but I'm already getting sleepy again, and I start my new job tomorrow. This is what I'm going to do, and I challenge you all to do the same:

I have a playlist at the bottom of my blog so you can hear all the songs I write about. If the day is dreary because of rain, it's an excellent time to play this song. Otherwise, wait until you're ready for bed. Start the song, close your eyes, and just try to be at peace with yourself.

Relax and Enjoy.

If I feel better tomorrow, I'll tell you about my first day.

Peace,
Vito

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

2 Response to Discernment and Music: The Rain Song

Anonymous
August 12, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Sorry to hear that you're ill & hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous
August 12, 2007 at 6:05 PM

I just listened to a couple of songs on your playlist. I haven't heard Return To Innocence for years & it really blasted me back to when I was a kid. The Peter Gabriel song reminded me of my Dad, when he used to bring me on walks with him as a kid. Thanks for that man.