Keeping My Cool

I just got off the phone with Nextel Customer Service. About 20 minutes ago, someone stole my cell phone right from my cubicle. I know who the person was.

I want to break something. I want to scream at the top of my lungs.

For months I've wanted to upgrade my phone. Last year, the i870 came out for the ghastly price of $349. Each time I thought about buying it, I couldn't justify spending so much money on a phone. My i860 cost around $280, but that was long ago when I liked spending money.

On the phone, Nextel says they will replace my i860 with the i870...a phone that I've wanted for years. It will cost me $100 for the deductible. The only other cost...dealing with the aftermath of being robbed.

I've never been mugged, had my house invaded, or lost a significant amount of money to embezzlement. There's an empty, gut-wrenching, helpless feeling you get when someone has taken something from you. It makes you want to cry, scream, grab a shotgun, all at the same time.

It's hard to offer your rage to God, when all you can think about is grabbing a baseball bat and exacting my own form of justice.

I know how Bill Foster feels.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Keeping My Cool"