Grillin' With the OFM Caps


This month, the Capuchins of Chicago will host their Capuchin Candidates' BBQ at the St. Claire of Assini Friary. The event will be on Sunday, July 22nd. It's a great chance to mingle with other discerning men, eat some food, and talk with the brothers of the Capuchin Order.

Months ago, I spoke with Fr. John of the Capuchin Vocations Office. While I haven't focused on religious life these past few months, I must admit there are aspects of community life that interest me:
  • the comeradere of living and praying with other men
  • always having "someone there"
  • the pride of being a part of a unique order
  • "hands on" approach to people in dire need of Church services
  • habit > roman collar
When Fr. John and I spoke those months ago, I was still on the "high" from my Dominican retreat. I would be lying if I said I wasn't comparing the OFM Caps to the OP's. I intend on going to the BBQ with a more open mind, however I still have an overwhelming sense of trepidation...much like when I realized I would never make the requirements for being a Dominican priest.

But that's a blog for another day.

If you're curious about the Franciscan lifestyle or learning more about the Capuchins, I encourage you to join me and the other confused men as we get our grub on and try to decide where exactly our lives are headed.

If you have more questions, or you want to RSVP and save a plate, call Father Bill Hugo from the Capuchin Vocations Office: 313.595.2182. http://www.capuchinfranciscans.org/
Be there, or be L7.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Grillin' With the OFM Caps"