Final Touches



Today and tomorrow are time to pack our bags, put the furniture back where it belongs here at St. Fidelis Friary, and cover up any holes or burn marks we might have made during our two month stay. In our defense, we've been told by the other friars that we are the quietest class to go through the program in a long time.

At this point, there are very few activities for us to do. This morning, after Lauds and Mass combined (a unique blending that we've learned to call Prass), we spend time moving furniture back into the attic, chairs back into their respective rooms, and turning the friary back into the way it was before our arrival. Most of the year, this friary serves as a retreat house.

After lunch, we decided to take advantage of the gym that we've been allowed to use. The gym is actually in Hays, KS (about 10 miles down the highway) however running in Michigan or Wisconsin during the day is a completely different experience than running in 100+ degree weather here in Kansas. I'm sad there hasn't been any more soccer, but again the weather is just too hot to be active during the day.

We leave for Allison Park early Friday morning. We will stop near St. Louis for the evening, as the Secular Franciscans have graciously offered to put us up for the evening. We arrive in PA sometime Saturday, and the investiture is Sunday evening.

I've enjoyed my time here, but I'm very anxious to leave. There are times when I wish I could sleep until we go on Friday...but there are a few fun events planned between now and then.

As this may be my last post for a while (seeing as I won't know what will happen once I get to Allison Park), keep my in your prayers!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

1 Response to Final Touches

Qualis Rex
July 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Br Vito - Buen Viaje! Safe Travels. I hope St Christopher will watch over you on your journey. And I hope you will immediately enjoy your new diggs as soon as you see them. Keep us posted once you settle in.