Discernment and Music: Mercedes Benz


I've been sick the past few days, and I just realized I let the weekend pass without another new song. Since I've been busy on my autobiography, "I'd like to do a song of great social and political import."

This one is a pretty simple, both in lyrics and the meaning. I've always been a fan of Janis, and while she sounds like a shrieking banshee at times, it's the message that counts. I'm sure when Mercedes used the song in a commercial, she rolled over in her grave.

It's funny...I wanted a Z3 so bad I could taste it. Interesting how things work out.

Enjoy, and be sure to click on the song at the bottom of the page so you can sing along!

It goes like this:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all have Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV?
Dialing for Dollars is trying to find me
I'll wait for delivery each day until 3
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town?
I'm counting on you Lord, please don't let me down
Prove that you love me and buy the next round
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So oh Lord, won't you buy me.....
A Mercedes Benz?

That's it!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Discernment and Music: Mercedes Benz"