Touching Base from Novitiate

I haven't been able to write and post much as of late. The schedule here in Allison Park is starting to ramp up, making computer time and and blogging harder to do on a consistent basis. As always, I'll try to keep people informed about what is going on here in Pennsylvania at the Novitiate house.

Yesterday was Thursday - our day off. Rather than go out and eat, a group of us bought 4 huge bags of chicken wings, plenty of Tabasco sauce, and a few other goodies to make buffalo wings. They turned out to be a success, however I think our cook was annoyed by our monopoly of the kitchen, especially when she was supposed to start making dinner while we were finishing making lunch!

I've also been worrying about my mother. She fell last winter and injured her shoulder. Last week she had surgery to fix the pain she was having; the rehab will keep her at home for 3 months and then put her on restrictions when she returns to work. She says she's healing well (even though she hates taking the Vicodin because it makes her "woozy"), however living in Michigan can redefine your sense of job security. My prayers are that she heals and is able to return back to work without any issues.

I've spent 15 minutes of my allotted 90 internet minutes already. May you enjoy a wonderful weekend. And on this day, may we remember that Christ has already given us His peace - it's up to us to share that peace with everyone else.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

3 Response to Touching Base from Novitiate

Anonymous
September 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Yours is an incredibly interesting story. Thank you for sharing it. As the mom of a Capuchin Seminarian, I feel a kinship with you (also as I live within 5 miles of your novitiate), and Your story helps me to better understand my own son's vocation journey. Thanks again for continuing your blog. We will pray for you and all the novices.

September 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Thank you for your prayers and your support. You didn't mention if you son was part of the Pittsburgh province, or if he was a Postulant, Post-Novice in Seminary, or one of their guys at Borromeo.

Either way, trust that a mother's opinion and support are crucial to someone discerning a vocation.

Peace and blessings,
Br. Vito

Anonymous
September 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Br. Vito, I don't think you were one of the group, but I was 5-6 of the novices in St. Catherine Church this morning. Did not have the opportunity to say hi, but maybe next week. Our son is a sophomore in the college formation program at Borromeo, but we live right up the road from the novitiate in Gibsonia. I drive by every morning on my way to work at Passavant Hospital, and I nod my head in a little blessing to the novices, because I know that someday Ben may be a novice there, too, God willing.

Judi