My Vocation In Pictures

Months ago I started on a project: an idea to put the concepts and the hopes of my future participation with the Capuchin Franciscans into picture or even video. Already hearing something deeper in music, I wanted to look deeper into other media and find a way to reflect the feelings I had about what I wanted to do, what I planned to do, and about how I was giving up my "old life" to begin something even greater.

On top of that, I wanted to show how esoteric my choice was, and that it was the antithesis of society's apathy. I was looking to make a statement about myself, the world, and how I was soon going to change it.

I made the video 4 months ago. I made it before actually living this life. Now that I am here, it still makes sense.

The music is by Jimmy Eat World. The photos are from various photographers; only a few are mine. This video is only my reflection on life...nothing more. I thank all of them for finding that something in each piece, so that I might create something that speaks to others.


Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

2 Response to My Vocation In Pictures

JC
January 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I think I know where I saw this song first

January 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I'm sure you did. I've never heard the song anywhere else. Even now, it doesn't sound like a depressing/emo song. To me, it speaks of wanting to do something greater, even if no one else really understands.

Hope you had a good new year!