Meme: Stuff About Me

After being tagged by Alice at Catholic Me (I Am Blessed), I am passing on a little more info about myself. I've picked up a few new readers along the way, and sometimes I wonder if people truly understand the irony of someone like me being called to a religious vocation.

I've changed a few of the initial questions, but I'm sure it won't be any less informative.

What I was doing ten years ago:

At 23 I was working for an entertainment company, traveling to different college campuses from New Hampshire to Arizona...making music videos for college students. It was my first "great-paying" job, and I soon learned how I could spend retarded amounts of money without actually buying anything. Between drugs, women (well, college girls), and the superficial clothes/jewelry/shoes I bought, I managed to retain nothing after all these years.

5 Snacks I Enjoy:

1. Pizza Rolls
2. Cottage Cheese with Canned Peaches
3. Ramen Noodles w/ Parmesan Cheese and Jalapenos
4. Beef Jerky
5. Monster Energy Drink

Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:

1. Throw a massive party, inviting everyone I know, and pay their way to get there.
2. Some donations.
3. Create several foundations so I can continue to help people after the billion dollars runs out.
4. Buy a Gibson Les Paul Custom
5. Put $1 million in a Swiss bank account, and happily live off of 10%.

Five Jobs I've Had:

1. Bouncer
2. Database Administrator
3. Car Sales Manager
4. Music Video Director
5. Poker Dealer/Pitboss

Three Of My Bad Habits:

1. "I'll get to it tomorrow."
2. "I am the greatest salesman ALIVE!!!"
3. "It's all about me."

Five Song I Must Sing Along To:

1. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against the Machine
2. Falsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
3. Where You There? performed by anyone
4. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
5. Mo' Money, Mo' Problems by The Notorious B.I.G.

Five People I Want To Learn More About:

1. Tim at The Cakery.
2. Alan at Thoughts On A Journey.
3. David at The Coffee Shop.
4. Anyone that read this post.

It's a pretty easy meme, which is OK by me. I'm fighting through another cold, so it's an easy to follow. I need to get rid of this cold so I can start on my ultra-amazing surprise, something I can't discuss, until I get the letter from the Capuchins ensuring my acceptance as a Postulant for the fall. I guarantee you, it will be the perfect climax to this wonderful blog!!!


Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

2 Response to Meme: Stuff About Me

April 11, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Ah! Vito, your playlist gave me the shivers because it has that version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" that's been in my head ever since Jason Castro sang it on American Idol.

Love the meme! It's nice to know a bit more about you. It's no secret that many who have been called to God's service have lived lives of confusion and/or iniquity. You are special, that's all you need to know.

I have to add that "5 songs I have to sing along to" category since it's not on mine. There are way more than 5, but I'll try and pin it down.

Keep visiting! And best of luck with the Capuchins. I just did a post on Padre Pio, a man (saint) I really knew very little about until now.

Alice (a pseudonym)/ Beatasum (another pseudonym) Who am I really?

April 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM

You know..I'm kinda curious about the Ramen/Parmesan/Jalepeno combination. How do you prepare it? Do you melt the cheese with the noodles or microwave it or what?

And there's Padre Pio again...I'm telling you...pray to him. And email me...again...I don't want to give certain info via combox. He's a powerful Saint, and clearly, he's ready to pray for you, likely already is doing so.