Fun at CARM.org

I have been busy, yet during the day I've found an interesting way to learn more about my Catholic faith while defending it against those that either don't understand or refuse to call me a Christian. Yes, I'm talking about the egalitarian site known as C.A.R.M.org

C.A.R.M. stands for Christian Apologetics and Research Ministries. The site's creator, Matt Slick, is the sole manager of the site. C.A.R.M. contains hundreds of pages about Christianity, defending one's faith against atheists, and the fundamental flaws with denominations such as the Later Day Saints and the Jehovah's Witnesses. It is an attractive site full of knowledge.

I first found the site last year when I became interested in the topic of Apologetics. I wanted to be able to defend my faith. I wanted to learn more about being Catholic. It seemed that C.A.R.M. was the perfect place to learn.

Of course, a Protestant website is a Protestant website, and I soon learned the utter disdain Matt and the other visitors had for Catholics. I couldn't understand why people would hate another so much based on their religion, despite a few theological differences.~

Despite the attitude that the site patrons have for me, I still continue to visit the website and the chat room to talk and learn from Evangelical Protestants. I've learned quite a lot, but probably not what Mr. Slick intended.

I wanted to list all the hate, personal attacks, self-righteousness, and absurd logic I've witnessed at the site, but God didn't make any of us perfect. We all have our flaws and imperfections. So rather than bash the website, I will give them my gratitude. Were it not for the questions raised while visiting www.carm.org, I would have never taken the initiative to look and truly understand some of the Church's doctrine. Because of them I've studied the CCC, I've read the Summa, and I've grown stronger in my Catholic faith and spirituality because of what I've seen. Most importantly, I've become more accepting of those, even outside my faith. We are all God's children, and even though some of us are not on the same page, we are all fruit of the same wondrous Creator.

If you ever get a chance to visit the site, I wholeheartedly encourage you to visit. As a result, you will learn more about your faith than you ever thought you'd learn.

And if you happen to stop into the Chat Room, keep an eye out for me. I still go by the same handle I've used for years: Severian

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

1 Response to Fun at CARM.org

October 25, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Glad you're back babes :=)