Fr. Michael Kelly SJ, writing at eurekastreet.com.au, discusses the influences that Steve Jobs has had on the world and how the even the Church has embraced his technological revolutions. Fr. Michael credits Jobs and Apple for:
Perhaps the most important part of Fr. Michael's article focuses on the Church's response to these transformations. Fr. Michael says:
- The transformation of publishing with the Apple IIe personal computer.
- The transformation of photo and video editing with affordable software.
- The transformation of the music industry with the iPod.
- The transformation of telephony with the iPhone.
- The transformation of computing with the iPad.
...the creation of a vibrant, participative and interactive community — something in which Steve Jobs and Apple played a key role — is just what Vatican II envisaged for the Church.
Was Jobs and Apple a blessing or a curse for the Church? I'll let you decide.
Read the article here.
Apple, the Apple logo, and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Made on a Mac Badge is a trademark of Apple Inc., used with permission.