Today I Profess Simple Vows

This morning I look out the window, wondering if rain on the day I take vows is either good or bad luck. While something so important is about more than luck and weather conditions, it's a unique feeling to capstone a long journey with the simplicity of the rain.

In 3 hours I will stand before my Provincial Minister, surrounded by friends, family, and friars of my Order, as I profess my vows for a period of one year. A lot of people have asked me if I'm nervous, if I'm thinking about backing out; people talk to me as if I were the bridegroom.

In all honesty I'm not nervous. I don't feel worried or anxious. I've spent many years getting to this point - many nights in front of this screen documenting my thoughts, experiences, and feelings on how I want to live my life. I've challenged myself to face my fears, I've been brave enough to look at who I really am, and I've learned to deal with the praises and the criticisms of others. While I don't claim my journey to be without it's pitfalls, (there's a reason I named this blog Stumbling After Francis instead of Following Perfectly After Francis), my life has been filled with a grace that I've needed in my life - a grace I've been happy to share with others.

So today is the culmination of this journey. It is not the end, rather an important waypoint on a journey that must continue - a journey with many more waypoints to go.

I'll have pictures later today.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

5 Response to Today I Profess Simple Vows

July 31, 2010 at 8:49 AM

From a spanish capuchin Congratulations, my brother.

Don't worry if you become nervous. It's a big day.

I wish you a happy life.

May st. Francis and St. Claire with you.

(sorry for my english)

July 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM

God Bless and Congratulations!

Anonymous
July 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Congratulations Brother Vito. You've really come a long way, God bless you.

August 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Congratulations!

August 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Many blessings. May you always feel God beside you in your journey.