Music and Spirituality: Nora

I went to see my grandma today
I learned the difference
Between living and alive

Wall to wall roaches in a
2 x 4 infested room
Lying there in pain
Praying for the Lord to take her

Nora, I hope it won't be too long for you
Nora, All these years you've been so strong
Nora, I hope you don't mind if I call you Nora
Cause I love you.

After leaving her, I turned my life around
I see new life differently
Through the vision of old
And all material things don't mean that much to me
I guess I learned that
I'm just glad to be alive and healthy

Nora, all this time that you have known me
Nora, it took your whole life just to show me
Nora, how we take some things for granted
Nora, Nora, Nora, cause I love you.

Though I know there wasn't long to go
Time is something that we shared
And when you died
I didn't cry for long
Cause I believe I'll see you again

Nora, I'll see you on the other side
Nora, I'll be the one with swallowed pride
Nora, are you sure you don't mind if I call you Nora

I love you.

-Blessed Union of Souls


Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

I don't feel like typing anymore this week.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

3 Response to Music and Spirituality: Nora

September 17, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Okay, maybe I do need to write more about what's going on...

My grandmother was the child of poor migrants in Texas. All her life she worked to make a better life for my aunts and uncles. My grandparents raised my mom and my older family in migrant houses that were smaller than most studio apartments.

But they had their faith, their desire to work, and the hope of a better life for their family.

My grandmother is dying; the doctor's given her till the end of the week. She's unresponsive now. This weekend, after all the family left, I spent some time with her in the nursing home. Most of that time was me praying and just being with her.

I never told her about my calling, and how I've been pursuing the priesthood. I wanted to be sure. I wanted to tell her in confidence, and that it wasn't just another flighty idea.

I realized I'll never be 100% sure enough or good enough for the job. But I told her I'd try. I told her I was scared. I told her I'm struggling to make her proud. But I told her I'd try.

I've known this song for a long time, and once met with Blessed Union of Souls when I was in the entertainment business. I cried the first time I heard the song 7 years ago. It's affect on me hasn't changed.

She's day by day at this point. I debate leaving early to go back down to see family. I don't know if I will be online much this week, but I will try.

I'm going to try and do a lot of things better.

September 17, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Thank you for clearing that up, I have been worried about you all day.

I'm so sorry about your gran ... but I am positive she is very proud of you.

Lx

Anonymous
September 20, 2007 at 9:21 AM

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to you & your family upon the passing of your grandmother. I pray that the Lord will give you strength at this time.