Website Projects

While its hard to find time to blog these days, especially with the end of classes coming soon, it's not because I've stopped focusing on web development. In actuality, I've built several websites since January, both for school and others. Here's a look at some of the projects I've worked on, as well as a rumor about an upcoming blog for the St. Joseph province of Capuchin Franciscans.
Communication blog at 1communicationspot.wordpress.com
While I'm not taking a Web Development class this semester, I've had to build some in conjunction with other classes. In my Communications class, one of our projects was to build a site that helped people understand some of the abstract concepts and theories behind communications. It focused on Small Group, Verbal & Non-verbal, and some of the ways that communication is seen as a social science.

It's not a masterpiece of web design, but it's an example the creating websites doesn't take a lot of work, and certainly allows room for fun and creativity.


In my Systems Analysis and Design class, my group was also given the task of creating a website. This site, however, was not for us but for another club on campus at SXU. After spending time trying to decide who to work with, our group settled on Tangled Up, a knitting club that just started this semester. They have a significant number of members and have been great clients to work with. Our website isn't completely done, however we're almost to the final prototype and we hope to get the club's sign-off soon.


I've also made a few sites for friends and people who needed simple things. I'm happy to be getting more and more comfortable with web design since it's becoming more and more useful to the Church and to the Capuchins. 

For several months I've been working with a plan to have friars begin blogging as a way to encounter people on the Web and promote vocations. While there's still some time before this is officially rolled out by our Province, it's another example of how my computer skills are being used for the Capuchins.

No links for the site yet, but stay tuned!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

1 Response to Website Projects

MaryH
April 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Congratulations on being chosen to attend the blog meeting with the Holy Father. Our prayers are with all of you! All to the Glory of God. +++